MEDIA TRAINING WORKSHOP
Meaningful Media Engagement
COURSE OBJECTIVE: Prepare spokespersons for meaningful media engagement and brand building with proven techniques.
WHO IT'S FOR: Any person in an organization who is authorized to speak to the media in a formal setting
CLASS SIZE: 8-12 participants
Workshop participants will learn:
- Speaking in sound bites: effectively delivering messages in the digital age
- Crafting and repeating the “Big Idea”
- Making technical messages meaningful to the mainstream
- Avoiding media traps and negative language/premises
- Putting a human face and personal touch on your corporate image
- Creating audience -centric messaging that will stick
- Sharing the messages with illustrations and examples
- Identifying your professional brand . . . and living up to it.
- Multiple media formats are role played, and meaningful, real-time feedback is shared by our world-class team of former journalists.
- Participants log feedback, observations and experience in workbooks for continued growth and collaboration with their teams
- Includes tangible, time-tested tools (worksheets and planners to use for future message development and media engagement
- Professional, on-site videographers record all coaching and on-camera exercises.
- Participants leave with a personalized USB of their work and coaching experience.
What People Are Saying
“The counsel and methodology Alison provides to her clients always makes a significant difference in their public communicative presence. Our senior leaders feel more confident and can let their styles shine while articulating a message that is customized and meaningful to any of their audiences. I highly recommend Alison (and her team) as a true strategic partner.”
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
$3.6B GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
"Alison and her team are professional and think outside the box. The video (training on demand) offering is exactly what our global affiliates need to address pressing stakeholder training needs. Thank you to Alison for getting it done! She is our partner of choice.
“Several of our executives started out as technical experts. Now that they’re leading teams they need different skills including coaching and mentoring. Alison helped create customized programs for each and we’ve seen a marked improvement in their performance and that of their departments. They now communicate to inspire and lead.”
FORTUNE 500 ENERGY COMPANY
“Our company has enjoyed the counsel, strategies, and direction provided by Alison Freeman for many years. She has consistently enhanced our corporate message within the Emergency MedTech space and continues to add value to our brand throughout our industry. We are especially grateful for our partnership with Alison in several crisis situations. A local story, stayed local, had minimal shareholder impact and a short life in the news cycle thanks to her intervention and counsel with the various press entities. We fully endorse all of the AliComm products and services.”
Chief Executive Officer
GLOBAL, PUBLICLY-TRADED MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANY
“Communicating with purpose, inspiration and intention is essential to my role as CEO. Every day, I engage with valuable stakeholders, donors and organizations who look to me for confidence, purpose and accountability. They want results and tangible value for their charitable donations and time. As my personal executive coach, Alison Freeman helped me get to the heart of our organization’s purpose, tell our story and propel our mission. She’s my go-to person for candid counsel around my communication efforts and she pushed me beyond my own expectations of myself. Every senior leader needs this kind of confidant!”