CRISIS AWARENESS WORKSHOP
Protecting Your Brand During a Crisis
Unexpected negative events may occur that may impact your organization. Every contributor in the enterprise requires periodic crisis communication training to protect the brand and convey – with care and concern – the company’s commitment to people, the asset, and the environment. Effective crisis communication protects the brand, impacts license to operate, manages community reactions, and fortifies shareholder value.
Alicomm International’s Crisis Media Simulation & Training creates a customized (location specific) crisis scenario and escalates it throughout the program to give participants a real feel for (social) media pressures, team work and community engagement during the stages of a crisis. Alicomm International’s CLEAR principles are taught-- care/ concern, listening, engagement, accountability/action and relationship.
Crisis Media Simulation & Training features:
- Participants break into smaller, cross-functional “teams” for table-top exercises to assure each individual contributes.
- The group deploys methodologies and best practices to collaboratively create appropriate messages for each crisis escalation.
- Participants take turns with media engagements. The following formats are simulated: news radio, streaming/Skype, live TV, and print (Internet). Conversations with key community influencers (elected officials, tribal leaders, or community advisory panel members) are also simulated.
- Face-to-face simulations focus on active listening, asking exploratory questions, answering with empathy, demonstrating accountability, and taking responsible actions.
- Strategically planned social media injects “disrupt” the session and force the team to think on their feet and garner appreciation for real-time message development and delivery in a high-pressure situation.
- Professional on- site videographers record all coaching and on-camera exercises. Participants leave with a personalized USB of their work and coaching.
What People Are Saying
“The counsel and methodology Alison provides to her clients always makes a significant difference in their public communicative presence. Our senior leaders feel more confident and can let their styles shine while articulating a message that is customized and meaningful to any of their audiences. I highly recommend Alison (and her team) as a true strategic partner.”
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
$3.6B GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
"Alison and her team are professional and think outside the box. The video (training on demand) offering is exactly what our global affiliates need to address pressing stakeholder training needs. Thank you to Alison for getting it done! She is our partner of choice.
“Several of our executives started out as technical experts. Now that they’re leading teams they need different skills including coaching and mentoring. Alison helped create customized programs for each and we’ve seen a marked improvement in their performance and that of their departments. They now communicate to inspire and lead.”
FORTUNE 500 ENERGY COMPANY
“Our company has enjoyed the counsel, strategies, and direction provided by Alison Freeman for many years. She has consistently enhanced our corporate message within the Emergency MedTech space and continues to add value to our brand throughout our industry. We are especially grateful for our partnership with Alison in several crisis situations. A local story, stayed local, had minimal shareholder impact and a short life in the news cycle thanks to her intervention and counsel with the various press entities. We fully endorse all of the AliComm products and services.”
Chief Executive Officer
GLOBAL, PUBLICLY-TRADED MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANY
“Communicating with purpose, inspiration and intention is essential to my role as CEO. Every day, I engage with valuable stakeholders, donors and organizations who look to me for confidence, purpose and accountability. They want results and tangible value for their charitable donations and time. As my personal executive coach, Alison Freeman helped me get to the heart of our organization’s purpose, tell our story and propel our mission. She’s my go-to person for candid counsel around my communication efforts and she pushed me beyond my own expectations of myself. Every senior leader needs this kind of confidant!”